Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Taking on a Challenge

I would like to apologize for the delay in my posts.  It's been months since my last post because I've been thinking about what I want to do with my blog.  I wanted to think more of a direction that I wanted to take it.

I've been reading a lot of articles on LearnVest.com and I've come to an interesting thought. I love clothes, shoes and purses like any women.  But how necessary is some of my purchases?  I'm a frugal shopper and I try to find bargains whenever I can.  But just because something is cheap, doesn't mean that it's a good deal.  So I think I'm going to take a drastic step in my life....

1.) Clean out my closet!
I have a simple rule, if I haven't worn it for 2 years, it goes to charity. This is primarily due to the fact that I could have worn my article of clothing for 2 seasons and I didn't.  For whatever reason, I didn't wear it.  And off it goes to charity!

I'm also going to get rid of all items that I would not want my ex to see me in. Ladies, let's admit it.  We all have clothes that we shouldn't be in possession of.  I'm either going to donate the clothes or throw them away depending on the condition of the item.

Goal: Downsize and Simplify!

2.) Stop Shopping
That's right. You read that right.  I am going to make a plan to stop buying clothes for 3 months. It will be only for 3 months but my goal is try to last longer.  I'm taking baby steps here.  This includes, shoes, accessories, purses (Eek!) and anything that would be considered a clothing item.  My head is feeling light headed just thinking about this.  But I strongly believe that I can do it.

I'm sure, you guys are scratching your heads trying to figure out why I'm doing this. I have two reasons.. one, I think that my purchases are unnecessary at times.  My shopping budget per month is reasonable but I do buy things that I want and not need. My second reason is so that I can save a little bit extra for our first home that we plan to purchase at the end of this year.  Ideally, I would like to not shop until December.

Goal: Wear what I own because I have more than enough clothes

3.) Write About My Journey of not Spending Money
I'm going to share to you guys about my journey... you know the struggles, the withdrawals etc.

Goal: Hopefully I will be able to motivate you


So starting today on May 22, 2012... I will stop shopping!

Note:  The only purchase that I plan to make in the next 3 months are rain boots! I walk and take a train to get to work and on those rainy days, a rain boot would be must appreciated.  I've been looking for months but I haven't been able to find rain boots that I want. This will be my one and only purchase. 



Readers: What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment